Fri, Nov 2, 2007, 2:07am (EST+5) firstname.lastname@example.org (Mekon)
My old router was giving me a little grief, <snip>
1. When it is inverted dust does not fall into the motor.
2. A switch rather than a trigger. <snip>
4. The chuck extends past the router table bed so bits can be changed
from the top. (Luxury!) <snip>
6. Even though it does look a bit like the robot in Lost in Space <snip>
1. I've got an inexpensive Craftsman in my router table, and no dust
gets in it, period - it all gets blown out; I imagine all routers are
2. I'd rather have a trigger for using it outside a table. In my
table, I lock the trigger on, and turn it on and off by a circuit
breaker mounted on the side of the table.
4. I made my router table so I can yank the "plate" and router out in
about 1 second, then changing a bit is no prob, and takes about 2
seconds to put back.
6. I think all routers look like the Lost in Space robot.
Viet Nam. Divorce. Cancer. Been there, done that, got over it. Now
where the Hell are my T-shirts?