New Tool

Ok, I got a reply, you have to remove a part and attach a part. The part to attach has not yet been fully developed and will apparently be an add-on accessory. If the accessories are as expensive as this incomplete jig you might as well go for the Domino.

Reply to
Leon

Well, I sure feel vindicated. Yay me! ;-)

So at this time, it's capabilities are indeed limited to the 3.5" spec noted.

Granted, any one of us could probably make it work for wider panels, even without the "we haven't figured out how to make" accessory they plan on selling. Still, that video is a bit misleading. They should have used a 3.5" panel and then there wouldn't be any question as to what the tool is capable of doing. The video and the text would match.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Isn't that how business works? Marketeers show it as a floor wax and desert topping. Then they pass it off to the engineers to figure out how and the lawyers to make sure the CYA gets written to cover them in court.

Reply to
krw

Agree Totally. This and many of the WoodPeckers tools seem half baked. Woodpeckers does not seem to place much importance on a zero clearance sacrificial fence on their products.

I bought their "Exact 90" miter gauge. Nice product. but the flip stop that references the scale for the length of cut moves when it is flipped down after placing. The flip stop is mounted on a screw that screws in and out as you rotate the flip. Not much but it moves approximately

1/4 of 1/32", and or 1/128". This would not normally be a problem, but when a sacrificial fence is used the flip stop does not sit in a usable location on the scale to be able to understand where it is actually being placed. So you have to flip the stop up so that it references the more legible part of the scale. And if you tighten it at that spot, the stop moves 1/128" when you flip it down to use it. Woodpeckers did not think that was a problem but did change the flip stop on another tool that eliminates this issue.
Reply to
Leon