New LN chisels

My local Woodcraft had their anual open house today. While there I had a chance to talk to the Lie-Nielsen people. They had a sample of their new chisel. It is a good copy of the ols Stanley #750. It has a hornbeam handle, and feels very well balanced and comfortable in the hand. They have had some developement problems, but, expect these to be available soon. The projected price is $45-$55.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Remove "no" to reply

Reply to
Bill Rittner

What kind of development problems could you have with a chisel? Lie Nielsen certaily knows tool steel (their planes continut to amaze and delight me, and I never have enough of them), and a handle is a bit personal, but they certainly do cherry and reosewood knobs well. The bevel shape hasn't changed in what? Centuries?

Reply to
DarylRos