New DP...

Dear All,

I picked up my new Delta 17-925 drill press on Monday and I must say it is quite a machine. I got tired of running up against the 3" stroke of my little 12" drill press so I bought one with a 6" stroke. It also has VS which is nice, goes from 150 rpm to 3200 RPM.

I have played with it, using some big ass bits that would always stall the

1/3 HP of the 12" unit, that the 3/4 HP on the new unit spin no problem.

like my new drill press.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

So uh Dave,,, knowing how you like to go with the theme, "bigger is better", did you have to cut a hole in the roof of your garage to get the DP in? :~)

Reply to
Leon

Geez. Control yourself, will you? You've got drool all over the camera lens.

Reply to
mp

Looks just like mine. Great, isn't it? I discovered a new dimension in heavy hardware getting that thing up in the air.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

That's what I did with mine. It still took my beefy neighbor's help to do it.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

WOW David, you went from a bench top to that. That's like going from a Yugo to a cadillac. Could you have laid the drill press on it's side, put the head on and then set it upright?

Ted

Reply to
Bigpole

Everning Guys,

Where the hell were you two smart guys last night when I was trying to lift half a drill press head that weighs more than me up a ladder!

I cannot believe I didn't think of the oh so obvious solution, DOH!

I will keep it in mind for next time.

:).

Thanks,

David.