New circular saw

I bought mine used - just 4 years old - and it already had rust holes - and older rust holes that had been patched ! ... that and the smoke-machine of a motor. .. yeah nice little car .. says you and MotorTrend. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I still favor a Skil Worm Drive, but they are not cheap.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Just about any car in the seventies rusted away in 3 or 4 years.

Reply to
clare

Quality seldom is.

Reply to
clare

My '74 Rustang II (a Pinto in drag) disappeared and I replaced it with a '78 Granada that I had for fourteen years before I gave it away. It looked like a Liberian Tanker but it ran.

Reply to
krw

"We" had a Granada of comparable vintage: 6-cylinder, about 8 mpg city (really and truly), no performance. That was when gas was spiking at about $1.51_9 too!

Reply to
Bill

We had the 250CID straight-six too. Nice engine, though points were a PITA. It was always in the 30s and raining when I had to change them. I got about twice the gas mileage you did, probably because I had the three on the tree.

Reply to
krw

HAHAHA! I had a Mustang II. I called it the Christmas Tree because every body panel was a different color.

Reply to
-MIKE-

That depended on your location. I lived 3 miles from the gulf coast and my 72 Vega had no rust even when I got rid of it 4 years later. For that matter none of my parents vehicles rusted in the same location over a 20 year period.

Reply to
Leon

You lack the salt on the roads for a few months in the winter would be my thought. The rust belt has a few meanings.

Reply to
Markem

None of 'em good. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I don't know about that. This rust belt looks good to me.

DerbyDad03

Precisely.

Reply to
Leon

On 8/16/17 7:58 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote: .

My parents had a '76 Granada. My dad really wanted the 3-speed manual but my mom said 'no'

Their mechanic always called it the "Gernade", not too bad of a car, but the c4 automatic kept him well funded. They were choosing between it and a Plymouth Volare, I think they won the coin toss...

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

Yeah, that was a couple of decades before my wife started saying "no" to sticks. ;-) We even had '85 and '90 minivans with sticks but she now drives a Mustang convertible with an automatic and wouldn't let me buy a stick for my last two pickups, even.

That's the truth! The Chryslers of that era were horrible. They never improved.

Reply to
krw

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 5:46:17 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote: .

one's list. It should be in today and we will see if it lives up to its bi lling.

Not to derail the thread, but how do you like it? It is a pretty popular s aw on the job site as it is pretty light weight and seems to have plenty of power. The only gripe I ever hear is that some think it is too big. Neve r heard a complaint about its performance, though.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41