New Bandsaw Won't cut curves

Dan, what are the part numbers for the standard guide blocks? Are they in the Griz catalog?

TIA, Vince

Reply to
Vince Heuring

The catalog says that Viking blades are "formerly known as Timberwolf." I thought that there were issues with using the name "Timberwolf" because of copyright restrictions.

Iturra calls them "Bladerunner" in their catalog and when I bought some at Woodcraft, they were labeled as "PS WOOD - From the Creators of TimberWolf."

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Marcus, Just a note / hint / tip . . .

About a year ago, after a LOT of agonizing, I bought a 14inch bandsaw. {Yes, I looked at the Griz, but decided on a JET}. The saw came with their interpretation of 'Cool Blocks'. Because I didn't think I would be using narrow blades, I swapped them out for Ceramic ones.

I set up the machine and really haven had any problems. I don't use it a great deal, so the unit is actually BETTER them I AM - at the moment. 1/4 inch is the thinnest blade used - to date.

I have the original blocks in the 'parts box', and will probably make a couple of 'sets' from hardwood {WD40 impregnated ?}. The reason is simple - I have a couple of projects / plans that will require 1/8 in blades. From what I have read {and experienced with the 4Tpi 1/4 in blade}, there is another level of control when you can 'bury' the blade beyond the gullet. There *REALLY* isn't much to work with on a 1/4 inch . . . I can only imagine a 1/8 inch.

Regards & Good Luck, R> Resolution!!!!

SNIP

Reply to
Ron Magen