Need ideas

I have a "nook" upstairs in my bonus room that is about 2 feet deep and goes up about seven feet. One sid eis a slanted wall on the way up to the ceiling.

I am wanting to make something to fit in there to store stuff and to set my ham radio on.

Do any of you know where I could find pictures ot get an idea of what I can make?

Reply to
stryped

In your imagination???

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

What's a bonus room? Was it a surprise when you closed on the house?

As for the station itself, perhaps you could get the actual ideas from other hams, or the ham groups. The hams I know usually have very specific ideas and opinions about their stations, which could help mold yours.

Once you have some design ideas, we can help you with construction questions.

Reply to
B a r r y

When I built my house, the garage (not workshop) was located on the lower side of the lot. And so I had a choice; either a garage with 14' ceilings, or add a rather large room above the garage. I opted for the "bonus" room.

Gary

Reply to
Gary in Virginia

We call those rec rooms, dens, family rooms, etc...

I was thinking of it as something you got for free, as in a bonus.

Thanks!

Reply to
B a r r y

Maybe my experience is not typical, but I have seen it most often applied to a room that looks an awful lot like a bedroom, but can't be called a bedroom because it doesn't meet some particular code.

Makes me think of a contractor coming to the client and saying, "Well, when we followed the architects plans, we found that we had this whole big empty space right here, so we just threw together a bonus room for you." I suppose it shouldn't surprise me in this age of marketing where often products are sold so that it sounds like you are getting some kind of extra for free.

Reply to
nlbauers

Thanks, that helps alot. The only problem is I cant find a good example of something for sloped walls.

One section is straigt in the nook, the other consists of a 3 foot or so hip wall that then turns into a slant toward the ceiling.

I could probably get some pictires if anyone is interested.

Reply to
stryped

Kinda like a 'Great Room'. Cracks me up. "Yeah, these other rooms in your spiffy new house are pretty good, but this one here is GREAT!"

-John in NH

Reply to
John Girouard

Tue, Nov 8, 2005, 8:16am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (stryped) who doth mumble: I am wanting to make something to fit in there to store stuff and to set my ham radio on. Do any of you know where I could find pictures ot get an idea of what I can make?

Try googling for shelves.

JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it.

- Red Green

Reply to