need help finding manufacturer

I am trying to find out who manufactured the Penncraft 3807 Breakerbar. If you know or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Reply to
med1head

I think that Penncraft is the actual company, but I googled it and there is very little info indeed. I did find one site selling a used one of these breakerbars, but no other information. I did some sleuthing and the company may be called Nationwide-Penncraft, Inc. but when I searched on this name I found nothing. Hope this helps, although I have a feeling it won't.

Reply to
woodworker88

This seems like a metalworking tool, so you might try crossposting to rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
woodworker88

Please don't suggest crossposting. The OP can POST in the other group, rather than CROSS post.

Dave

Reply to
David

Penncraft was the name of mechanics hand tools sold by JC penney in the early 70's. I still have a set of Penncraft tools that I bought when I was kid. Pretty good tools. I think it would be funny to try to get one replaced under it's life time warranty at a JC Penny store.

Reply to
Leon

JC Penny sold the tool in the early 70's

Reply to
Leon

What's wrong with crossposting? As long as it's only to 2 or 3 groups, it's acceptable netiquette. The nice thing for people who might read both groups is that an intelligent newsreader will only show the article one time.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Yep, cross-posting has gotten a bad rap because of the abuse of cross-posting. Done properly it not only helps the reader, but also prevents having duplicate copies of the same message stored on news servers.

Mark & Juanita

The funny thing is that what Dave is suggesting, multiposting, was what was especially frowned upon.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

And we humans don't have to read the same message three times.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

The problem with cross posting is that it almost always involves totally off subject groups that respond and eventually you end up with a group and its horde of trolls posting responses that end up here. Take the pet fiasco that started because a wood worker here did not take enough precautions to keep polyurethane glue away from her dog. That cross post to the pets groups resulted in profanity in this group that lasted for months.

Reply to
Leon

Basically the results to a news group if not carefully cross posted an kept OT can be as bothersome as the results of not using a virus detection program while on the internet.

Reply to
Leon

That would be JC Penney :)

/FOGIE_STORY_WARNING SWMBO worked for Penney's while finished school. W/ her employee discount and typical poor married student budget, possible came from Penney's. As someone else noted, many of those tools I bought then are still functional including, amazingly enough, a 3/8" drill and

7" circular saw purchased in '62 or '63. Mr Penney was still alive and quite a neat old man albeit w/ some interesting quirks--no credit and paid all employees were paid in cash w/ $2 bills and change until he died.

\END_FOGIE_STORY

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

In defence of the woman who lost her dog to that unfortunate accident, I don't believe (not positive) that she cross-posted her message to any group except for rec.woodworking. It was some other person trolling around who started that fiasco.

Reply to
Upscale

IIRC it was in deed cross posted by her.

Reply to
Leon

She was a regular poster here and cross posted to the pets group. Since then her posting here has diminished greatly.

Reply to
Leon

My mistake then. I'll assume she crossposted to the pet newsgroup in an attempt to get assistance with her dog that was still alive at the time. Under the same circumstances, I'd likely have done the same thing, anything to save my dog. It's unfortunate that she caught the attention of the puppy whizzer. I'm quite sure he is largely responsible for her lack of presence here now. There isn't anybody in this world that I hate, but given the chance, I'd be perfectly happy to lay a severe beating on that puppy whizzer asshole.

Reply to
Upscale

Well, there's crossposting, and then there's stupidity. I choose not to limit people based on the lowest common denominator.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Here was the first thread, and she did cross-post.

Bruce Barnett