need BS part for cheep chiwanese BS that is no longer available[at least to me] lol

the lower guide block holder on my POS BS busted while i was trying to tune it up. the casting snapped. it is suposed to be a delta knock off. 14"open stand. looks suspiciously like a grizzly or eqivilant. anybody out there upgraded to beter guides on one of these el cheepo's lately? if so would you be willing to part with the ones you took off? a new bandsaw is not in the cards right now and i use it very little anyway. if anyone has this i can get a pic posted in the binaries group if needed. HELP!!!!!!. the saw works like it is but it isnt very accurate. the sparks are a dead givaway that it will be eating blades if i continue to use it this way! lol,..... thanks all...

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

I put my old BS up for sale today. Craftsman 12" with Timberwolf blade, tilting table, on Craftsman mobile base. About 25 years old. $125. Pick up only in central Alabama. Works perfect. For a Craftsman.

Bob

Reply to
bob

HF sells them for $6.36 for their Taiwan Delta knockoffs. Call CS (1-800-444-3353) to order, since they sell parts separately from catalog items. Ask for part #24093, for the BS model 33208. This part # will differ from the manual parts list (which you can download from their site), but I just received mine yesterday and it's the right part, so that's the right #.

Be forewarned, they can't rush ship. Mine took 17 days to arrive.

You might also take the opportunity to get some new roller blades, which sell for $10, item #32208 (that's for a pack of 4). You'll have to order it via the regular means (online or phone 1-800-423-2567), not the CS line. Same caveat for shipping. Last time I checked they were out of stock on the roller guides (due back in 4-15-04) but my local HF store had them.

Need new tires? $4.09, part #12441 (includes 2 tires), a pretty good deal.

I'm not guaranteeing anything here since I haven't mounted them on my own machine yet, I'm just pointing you to one source for the parts and happen to know because I just ordered them myself.

Hope that helps, H.

Reply to
Hylourgos

ya know i drive past HF nearly everyday and never thought of them carrying part.thanks for the response. i think i will go by there monday and see if they got em in stock. if not im sure they can order them fromthere.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

In my experience, the local stores do not deal with parts. They'll exchange a unit if a part is defective, but parts per se have to come from customer service. But it can't hurt to try....

The CS they have is pretty good, provided you're not in a hurry. And dirt cheap.

Good luck, H.

Reply to
Hylourgos

im never in a hurry! lol. skeez

Reply to
skeezics

When the guide block set screw boss split on my 50-year old Craftsman BS, I bought a milling adapter for the 6" Craftsman lathe and mad a new on out of a block of steel. The process was only marginally faster than trying to hand file a new part, so I bought a knee mill. The knee mill wouldn't fit in the garage, so I had to build a 20 x

30-foot shop.

Moral: breaking BS parts can get real expensive!

Regards, Ed Bailen

Reply to
Ed Bailen