Need advice on removing rubber coat from RV

I have an old RV that has had the roof patched and repaired many time with various rubber coats and now its all peeling off. I am going to re-seal the roof but need to remove all the old gunk off. The roof is pretty thin tin and leaks so I do not want to use any kind of solvent.

any suggestions to a wire/plastic disk that I can attach to a angle grinder or drill.

Reply to
<billyb_1969

Heat; soften and pull/scrape.

Reply to
Pop

Go to the local auto parts store and get yourself a couple of the 3M abrasive disks. They'll chuck into your drill motor and you'll be amazed at how fast they work. They are around $7-8 for a pack of two at Advance Auto. You may need a couple of packs to do the entire roof, or you may find you can get in done with just one.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Try alt.rv. Some people there seem to know what they're talking about.

Reply to
Guess who