Need a source for picture frame backs.

Need a source for hardboard or heavy cardboard picture frame backs -- the kind with a hinged leaf that lets you set it on a desk or credenza.

Reply to
Herb Robinson

Frank K.

DAGS for eaglebacks.

Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

How many do you need? I found a box of a dozen or so in someone's pile of trash while I was out for a walk a few weeks ago, and I don't need them all. So if you need, say, less than 4, let me know and you can have them for the cost of shipping. Andy

Reply to
Andy

You don't want to use cardboard or acid laden material as a backer board as it will "burn" through and damage your picture. Framers use "foam core" which is relatively cheap and can be purchased from places that sell mat board and framing supplies.

Reply to
Archer Gravely

Update on my free frame backs mentioned earlier - they are brand new - for some reason someone threw away a box of frame backs and the glass covers, and I was lucky enough to go for a walk on trash night. Andy

Reply to
Andy