Need a small piece of Buckeye

I need a small amount of buckeye, 2-3bf. I'm going to be in Cincinnati the week of November 29. Does anyone know where I might be able to get this. I figured Ohio would be the place to get it! Thanks for any info you can provide.

Chad snipped-for-privacy@egl.net

Reply to
Chad Bice

I'm in central Ohio, about 2 hr. north of cinci. My local mill's flyer says he has buckeye for $2 bdft. If your interested in any specific length or width, let me know. I'll be there picking up some cherry this weekend (also $2 bdft this month) Also, if you want a quantity of anything (walnut, red oak, sugar maple, poplar, soft maple) is all $2 bdft this month. FAS is $4bdft, but the $2 bdft lumber is fine as well. --dave

Reply to
Dave jackson

West coast here... just paid $4.79 for HR sugar maple, 32 b/f, cheapest I could find anywhere within driving distance, 30 miles away. YOU are LUCKY! I would stock up if I were [there].

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Reply to
Chad Bice

Just hang on. There will be lots of pieces of buckeye after they play Michigan.

Steve, '71

Reply to
Steven and Gail Peterson

Dave, Just out of curisoty, where do you get your wood locally?? I am in Patakala and I am always looking for place to get wood. Also, A coworker of my sisters has a barn full of lumber, oak, cherry, walnut etc. He has been collecting it for years. He is selling it all for $2.00 / bf.

Reply to
Rick Cox

Hi all, I was at the saw mill this evening. His supplies of Ohio Buckeye are limited to a few boards, and some 2x2's. One board is about 8" wide 1 1/2" thick and 7' long. I did notice some small knots on the board, but much of it was clear. Another one was about 6" wide but was on the bottom of the stack, so i don't know it's condition. If you are interested in either, I'll grab them for you next time I'm there. If you only need a few bdft. I'd be willing to ship what you need (and keep the rest for future projects) as a favor provided you promise to send the cost of the board and whatever shipping is. (I can't imagine the wood and shipping being more than $20) Send the dimensions of what you need. The prices I quoted earlier are his usual prices, and right now he has an excess of cherry and red oak. Most everything is $2 bdft for FAS except walnut and cherry it's $2 for "lower grade" and $4 bdft for FAS. He usually has some other interesting wood in stock-- tonight i bought 4 9" to 13" wide Ambrosia maple boards for $3.50 bdft, and i had him custom saw me some 10/4 x 12" QSWO which was $3.50 bdft and of course grabbed some cherry and walnut. I don't know if he'd appreciate me broadcasting his phone number over the internet, but it's Kreis Sawmill located just outside Marysville Ohio (in Milford Center). It's a small lumber mill, family run, and it's best to call before going over, as he is often out sawing trees. If any one is interested, I'll scan his flyer and send it to you directly, complete with his phone number as i don't think he is online. Ya know, giving up my favorite sawmill is kinda like giving up my favorite hunting spot, doesn't happen often! Any way, I think you'd be happy at this saw mill- he's a decent honest guy with great wood and plenty of wisdom to share. -dave snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net take out november to reply.

"Rick Cox" wrote in message news:ZKQkd.7646$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Dave jackson