$100 Dust Collector and $100 Oscillating Spindle Sander, should I buy or save my money

I have the opportunity to purchase a few items from a cabinet shop that has just upgraded their machines. I wanted to get folks advice on this to see if they are wise purchases given a limited budget. I'm setting up my first woodshop so I'm slowly acquiring the tools when I have the chance.

He has a nice 2HP Dust Collector and a very nice Oscillating Spindle Sander. The Sander is a full sized floor unit. Price is $100 per item. Seems like a great deal, especially the Dust Collector. Both items are in good condition and look like they are quality (no brand names to offer) Should I go get these or save my money for other tools?

I have an old Craftsman table saw that does the trick for now, and an average set of hand tools and other power tools (Miter saw, Sanders, Router). I'm also interested in buying a bandsaw and jointer when the price and time is right.

Reply to
slindars

Buy them! You can always sell them later on for what you paid for them and upgrade later.

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

It sounds good. If its a true 2hp motor, its probably going to be 220 volt only. Do you have the wiring to support it?

Get him to let you run them and see what they sound like. If they are worn out, they are not a good buy at any price.

Bob

Reply to
Bob