Neanders look

I've been wanting a plow plane for some time. I looked in E-bay, but the price people pay for some of that stuff is un-believable.

Japan Woodworker has one that is made of Rosewood, has a fence and skate, and it comes with 5 cutters of different widths.

I bought one and it was delivered to my door in a week and the cost including shipping was less than $70. ($65 IIRC).

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

So... does it work well? Let us know what you think! Andy

Reply to
Andy

I have no experience with a plow plane. Having said that, after 3 minutes of final honing, I was able to produce a nice 1/4" wide groove in the edge of a

3/4" wide piece of white oak. The groove was uniform in width and depth. I then took my 604 smoother and planed a radius on one edge, producing a nice ovolo edge that would work on a Shaker style door.

It is a nice solid piece of rosewood and the fence is easy enough to set. I'm not real good setting the iron in these types, but the plane will make translucent shavings. I'm satisfied with the purchase. The catalog stated that these planes are produced by individual craftsmen ( I think in China).

Reply to
Lowell Holmes