Murphy's Oil Soap stains on unfinished hardwood floor

I used some Murphy's Oil Soap to clean up some stains on various areas of my parkay hardwood floor and it has darkened all these areas, obviously seeping into the wood. I know it says don't use on unfinished floors, my bad. What can be done to fix? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
davenorris

Try rinsing to remove any soap from the wood. Try to minimize the time the wood is in contact with water. Use towels and a fan to dry. If that helped, you can repeat the rinsing. Allow the wood to dry for a week and sand smooth. Water swells the fibers and raises the grain. Protect the floor (butchers paper, rugs, etc) until a finish is applied.

Reply to
Phisherman