Morphing wood

Ever try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear by with your jointer and planer? We've all done it I'm sure... screwed with some junk wood trying to save a buck or just too lazy to go find some decent stuff.

For some reason, the angle I gotta bend over to use my old jointer more often than not gets the piece of shrapnel I'm still carrying in my back from Nam aching a a bit.

This always makes me want to see if I can get Rove to morph that piece of shit wood into something decent like he turned that draft dodging coward in the whitehouse into a warrior. That little dimwitted cheerleader that now stinks ups the Oval Office on a daily basis.

Nobody can bullshit me on this one, I tried to get into the guard too and there were thousands ahead of me and this was in the 60's well before the chickenshit's old man pulled the strings for him in Texas.

Gotta admit, every time my back aches I resent this sissy even more.

bringEm, Kelley

Reply to
KelleyJames

Reading between the lines of your post, I think I detect a hint of disdain for our commander-in-chief. Why you would want to denigrate such a fine, articulate, forward-thinking strategist and statesman is beyond me. G. Walker Bush is easily the finest president this country has seen since, oh, let's say, Millard Fillmore. Shame on you, and on every other unpatriotic liberal tree hugger who isn't planning to re-elect this shining pinnacle of greatness.

Scott, who may have pulled a muscle in his tongue while writing this.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

And I'm sure that you supported the real draft dodger, Clinton, while denigrating the GWB's ANG service. Now, how exactly did Clinton serve his country? Protesting the war in England?

Just admit that you don't like the policies of the Bush administration, or and Republican administration, and stop the mindless fixation with his military service. He served and was honorably discharged. Far better than the real coward, Clinton.

Reply to
Al Reid

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:27:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Well there's a heck of a way to get an OT in by the back door, whether I agree with your ideas or not.....

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

Has it occurred to you that you might improve your life more by adjusting the position of your jointer to one that doesn't make your back hurt than you will by starting yet another flame war about Bush?

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:37:42 -0400, "Al Reid"

Republican administration, and stop the mindless

better than the real coward, Clinton.

He is a chickenshit. If he "believed" in the war, why didn't he volunteer ? Huh? Passed his chance to be on the 'wall' to less well connected? Wonder who he passed his body bag to?

And where was he on 9/11? Too pilled to show his face after the Towers went down. Cowering in a bunker sobering up while real men were dying.

Cheerleader, you know what most of them are?

Reply to
KelleyJames

Republican administration, and stop the mindless

Far better than the real coward, Clinton.

Again, he served his country. Far more that Clinton did. So get over it.

You live in fantasy land, too afraid to see reality. You need to stop being a Michael Moore groupie and get a life.

Kerry stated that he sat for 40 minutes, unable to even think after the second plane hit the towers. Kerry really sprung to action. What a hero.

Reply to
Al Reid

KelleyJames responds:

Uh, I know this comes as a surprise, Al (not KellyJames) but Clinton won, twice, and isn't running this time.

Charlie Self "The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out of it." Doris Day

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie,

I am well aware of who is running. I will say, though, that it is curious that when Clinton was running all the Dems said it was not an issue to ne a draft dodger and it was ancient history. 12 years later it's so damned important an issue that you all lie about GWB's service and call him a deserter and worse. The hypocrisy is deafening!

Al

Reply to
Al Reid

Al Reid wrote: : Charlie,

: I am well aware of who is running. I will say, though, that it is curious : that when Clinton was running all the Dems said it was not an issue to ne a : draft dodger and it was ancient history. 12 years later it's so damned : important an issue that you all lie about GWB's service and call him a : deserter and worse. The hypocrisy is deafening!

Bush's service, or lack thereof, was not an issue until he and his campaign made it so.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Amazing what a selective memory will bring up. Perhaps you don't recall that Kerry was told even by his own advisors not to bring up military service, yet he did anyway. He got 3 Purple Hearts, did you hear? There's enough problems with Kerry's military/anti-military history that he should have left it alone...and the Republicans don't even have Dan Rather to hawk faked documents to make their point.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Wow, are you living in a dream world. It was the Kerry campaign, Terry McAuliffe, Michael Moore, et al that have made an issue or GWB's service. Kerry brings up Vietnam at every chance then is outraged if someone questions his record. AND he has still not released all of his records. Good attempt to rewrite history, but sorry, no cigar.

Reply to
Al Reid

Good Christ, get off it. They both suck. For once, I'd like to have a real candidate to vote for, and a discussion of useful issues instead of a bunch of rehashed soundbytes shoved down the throats of everyone with a tv by the spin doctors. Here's an abridged list of things I could give a shit about:

Socialized health care. Abortion. Candidate X's military record or lack thereof. Prescription drug benefits. The height/weight/haircut/attire of candiate X. Gay marriage. The homeless. How much money candidate X spent to annoy me with tripe.

Why doesn't anyone running for office tell me exactly why it is that I pay 30% of my income right off the top of my wages, then pay 5.5% more on everything I buy retail, then pay X amount of tax on my gasoline, sales tax on my car, no matter how many times it has been bought and sold in the past, tax on tobacco, property taxes, taxes for a social security system I'm repeatedly told is going to be long gone by the time I'm eligable to use it, interstate commerce taxes on anything I have shipped to me. Federal communication taxes on my phone, whether I use the sucker for 5 minute or 40 hours in any given month, countless other taxes that I'm sure I never see and the kicker, the tax on whatever is left when I die.

For these taxes, I *personally* get:

Roads to drive on. Police to mop up blood after a crime, but little else. A military. Unemployment insurance I do not use. OSHA (which is as corrupt as a worm-eaten apple, in my experience) A space program that could be a whole lot better. A big goddamn headache- And very little else.

I'd also like to know why food stamps can be used to buy cigarettes, alcohol, and Doritos. Why my father can sit on social security disability for years on end when there's nothing wrong with him except a drug addiction. I'd like to know why the bulk of education spending in many school districts goes to the football team, instead of microscopes and textbooks. Just what the hell "No child left behind (TM)" means. What the office of homeland security does, if anything. Why it is that my money is being used to support those who refuse to work. Why it is my responsibility to pay for the childcare of those who are too irresponsible to plan for and provide for their children. And why biotechnology development is discouraged, to name a very few things.

The hell with the whole lot of them. I just don't buy the lies anymore. Don't bother replying if you just want to spew some more of your same tired old party line, because I just don't care.

I spend 45-70 hours a week busting my ass cutting, shaping and hauling steel to bring home a meager paycheck- the idea that any of these greased-up, lying, suited monkeys have some kind of right to take even one goddamn cent of the money I earn with my blood, sweat and aching muscles makes me sick to my stomach. To come home and look at a woodworking (one of the few pleasures in my life, woodworking) newsgroup and see people going on and on about the idiotic non-contest between two useless wastes of human skin is almost more than I can bear.

Reply to
Prometheus

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:45:05 -0400, "Al Reid"

Michael Moore groupie and get a life.

You ever been subject to the draft Al baby?

Anyhow, how about the foxhole test? Now who would you rather have in your foxhole, ol' meatloaf moore who is 10 times the man that ratBoy Bush is or the rat? Now with Meatloaf, it might be a bit tight all night and even smell a bit but meatloaf would still be there in the morning.

The rat would have slithered out during the night just like he did when he dodged the draft during Nam. So who would you want protecting your backsides? Meatloaf or ratBoy?

Reply to
KelleyJames

Michael Moore groupie and get a life.

Without a doubt, Kelly baby, I would rather share the foxhole with GWB than Moore any day, any place, any time. I can find no evidence that Moore ever served his country in any capacity, unless you consider lying and distorting a president's record as service.

Moore may me a fat slob that occupies 10 times the space as GWB, but to say he is 10 times the man shows just how delusional you really are.

Reply to
Al Reid

Praise de Lawd, someone else sees that the emperor and the wannabee both wear no clothes.

Right now it's the devil you know vs the devil you don't. Both are nincompoops but at least we know from four years experience what stupidity _one_ of them is likely to pull.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:50:01 -0400, "Al Reid"

times the man shows just how delusional you

Al, I have to go to the VA every so often to get my friggen back ex-rayed and looked at.

You ever heard the story in one of those joints that they have implanted a drug pump in the area where most men have nuts that will automatically keep his meth and xanax in a reasonable balance?

Reply to
KelleyJames

10 times the man shows just how delusional you

Next trip to the VA ask them to adjust the medication.

Reply to
Al Reid