More Than I Ever Wanted To Know About Threads - and a really cool book.

I doubt its neccesary. Not LT. But even without 3D you can see things you can't imagine, and keep track of a BOM. I hate LT just because of the lack of the [Ctrl] + MBR shortcut.

Reply to
bent

sorry, i'm not thinking along the lines of presentation, but prints of views. Lt won't draw off of a single 2D plane, and other things to begin with. Autocad can spin all grown pieces seperately or individually in 3D, or from any view, including the 3 normal, but its not a pick and choose software. Nor does it create a bill of materials. Whether and how easy it is to create accurate dimensioned prints from 3 or more views depends on version. ProEngineer, for instance, will automatically create all printable dimensioned views when you model the piece(S) automatically. The great thing about this end of software is that it monitors what you have done in terms of draw line from a to b . Create a surface from ab using point c. Create boss from surface abc d height. When you change a b or c, d automatically adjusts. It asks you what to do (you tell it) . In AutoCAD if you change a, b, or c, you might as well erase anyfrom from d on that depends on them. This is difficult software and expensive. ($10G).

Reply to
bent

I put more about CAD software under message "A CAD Question"

Reply to
bent

Robin Lee keeps a Rubber Bible in the bog!

I always knew Lee Valley were Our Kind Of People 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley