More noise about climate

-------------------------------------------- Ah yes, unvetted intellectual bull shit.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yes, it has. Which is why I said it's cyclic.

Reply to
LDosser

greenhouse gas".

That's not what he said ... and you know it, but it does nicely illustrate a major issue in the debate:

Your dishonesty in attempting to remove context with your quote is in keeping with the dishonesty the scientific community has provably shown with its data manipulation.

Shame ...

Reply to
Swingman

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Fascinating. I had no idea. Considering my fascination with those sorts of things, I'm surprised I missed that one. Never too old, eh? I knew that Georgian Bay was moving upwards and that the mantle was constantly rearranging itself, but I wasn't aware of the actual reason.

Reply to
Robatoy

Morris Dovey wrote in news:hk5mks$7d0$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Curiosity is never pushy. The only bad question is the one you don't ask (and should have asked). I am keeping your request in mind and just need the right reference.

The reference LDosser gave above is sort of useful, but doesn't have movies. It does prove the principle, tough, even in pigs, who are much harder and more costly to work with than mice.

Reply to
Han

....adn they're usually busy opposing any- and everything the Obama administration is trying to accomplish.

Reply to
Robatoy

Measurements indicate that at the current concentration level of CO2 there's already only a small differential--hence, the emphasis on CO2 seems misplaced as far as changes making any significant difference (either way).

--

Reply to
dpb

AccuWeather's Joe Bastardi made a pretty good argument last week that the CO2 AGW adherents may be shooting themselves in the foot.

FRIDAY 11 PM LONDON TIME "A THEORY ON WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE CLIMATE MODELS."

Swingman

Just remembering a farm neighbor (whose pigs were fixated on becoming free-range porkers) saying: "If you see one of my pigs, kick it - it's either loose, trying to get loose, or thinking about getting loose."

By their fluorescence shall ye know them. :)

More seriously, I can see this as a (possibly) useful research tracking tool.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

to start your BBQ.

Reply to
Robatoy

Here's a red fluorescent cat

and a green one
Note that these and the red pigs and the green pigs and here's a news video which shows fluorescent piglets (note--you have to sit through an ad first). There are also fluorescent rabbits about--the only photo I can find is
and since it's an artist's site, even though the guy did own a genetically modified rabbit at one time the photo may still be doctored.

All of these though are using a fluorescent protein that only lights up under UV--it's not a luciferin-luciferase reaction.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Light doesn't start fires, unless it is from a very powerful laser. Luminescence doesn't come close by many factors of 10. AFAIK.

Reply to
Han

Robatoy wrote in news:5153f412-e363-4458-ae70- snipped-for-privacy@r24g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

Who is opposing what? Squealing pglets will oppose anything ...

Reply to
Han

Do you remember Boer Koekoek van de Boeren Partij? (BK) "Ik ber er teugen." (reporter) "Waarom?" (BK) "Omdat ik er teugen ben."

Translation: A politician stated he was against something, and a reporter asked him why. The answer was: "because I am against it.."

Reply to
Robatoy

Didn't know "Pelosi" was Dutch!

Reply to
Swingman

Robatoy wrote in news:0146eba6-b522-4ebf-98d5- snipped-for-privacy@g1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

Yes, I remember Boer Koekoek (Farmer Cuckoo). He lived in Bennekom, all of 3 miles from where I lived at the time. He was the prototype of candidate for the protest voter. Garnered FARRR too many votes, but luckily only once or twice. This was a big thing in Holland, because of the large number of parties represented in the lower chamber of parliament, and the necessity for coalition negotiations. His impact was far greater than it should have been. As protest candidates always have an impact out of proportion to their "contribution".

Reply to
Han

------------------------- That's as good a description of the Republicans these days as any I guess.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:000f8e99$0$2260 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Thanks, Lew!!

Reply to
Han

Fascinating. I had no idea. Considering my fascination with those sorts of things, I'm surprised I missed that one. Never too old, eh? I knew that Georgian Bay was moving upwards and that the mantle was constantly rearranging itself, but I wasn't aware of the actual reason.

FTMP all done so slowly as to be invisible in a lifetime ...

Reply to
LDosser

....adn they're usually busy opposing any- and everything the Obama administration is trying to accomplish.

The mice or the pigs or both?

Reply to
LDosser