More Burnt Wood Finishing-- his time a cabinet.

Now That wood chopper Youtube video Wella I don't know how He can even climb with such a Heavy "Ball Sack"

Reply to
Rick the antique guy

He's not into OSHA. None of his 1000+ video's have constant mandatory safety warnings like: always wear helmet, glasses, steel gloves, earmuffs, steel pants, don't put your hand on whirling blades, don't drop trees on pedestrians, on ad infinitum. That's one of the things I like about him, not controlled by American Bar Association, or whomever is responsible for turning American men into buffoons. He usually doesn't endanger guys working with him, usually a young dude and his son.

I'm not afraid of chain saws, or any tool really, but this guy... I've seen him 100' in a tree and cut branches 3 inches from the rope that's holding him to the tree, one handed... Huge cahoonas, but he knows his stuff, that's for sure.

Reply to
Jack

That is the beauty of editing, would love to see his out takes.

Reply to
Markem

No OSHA reg or suit from the ABA is going to prevent one of those guys from walking in the wrong direction. Common sense says that people on the ground should be looking out for themselves as much as the guy dropping the tree.

Heck, all it would take is a nest of bees in one of the cut offs to get one of the grounders running into the path of a falling section. I would think that *they* would be paying closer attention to what is going on above them.

The definition of "endanger" comes in many shapes and sizes.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Why, you think he actually cut his rope, fell out of the tree, climbed back up and edited out that part? If you watch his video's, you will quickly see he is the real thing. To fake his work via editing is not his thing, but he edits his stuff for sure, but not to fake anything.

Here is a good video of a job he did on Saturday the 19th. He shows some climbing and a big leaner. He's doing it for an old guy who seems to be wanting to help, but Billy Ray don't need no stinking help. The old guy is standing pretty close to the big leaner when Buckin' drops it. That should bother the heck out of DerbyDad.

Reply to
Jack

Sure does. Apparently the guys doing this work have it figured out for themselves. Nice to have you and the government wringing your hands over it, but I find it refreshing to see it done on the wild side, by guys that know their stuff. Watching Norm or Scott Phillips whine on with all that safety crap every episode I find nauseating. Also watching guys on Youtube put on safety glasses, dust mask, ear muffs etc just to cut a piece of wood on a band saw is plain lame, imnsho.

Reply to
Jack

No by editing you can not show the mistakes made, just because he does what he does doesn't mean there are not screw ups. You obviously are enamored beyond reality with this man.

Reply to
Markem

Wow! Bromance much?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Wow, I said the guy knows his stuff (felling trees is not rocket science) and you decide I'm "enamored beyond reality".

You obviously are negative beyond reality. On what basis do you pass judgement that he edits out his mistakes? Have you watched any of his work? Got any examples or are you just making stuff up for no good reason?

Yes, I'm impressed by anyone that can climb 120 feet up a tree and whack limbs off with a chain saw, one handed. I didn't mention it before, but watching him split wood is also impressive. What impresses you? My guess is nothing!

Reply to
Jack

Almost never! You?

Reply to
Jack

You're the one that somehow equated my comments about "trust" and "endangering" with "me and government wringing our hands".

I have no idea where that came from, so I assume it was blind love and your need to stand up for Mr. Cohonies whenever you perceive a negative comment, however wrong that perception might be.

Please do enjoy his 1000's of videos. I've watched a few, found them somewhat interesting, but don't need to see any more. That's not negative, that's just how it is. I hope that you, he and his mom have a wonderful life.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Kelley Johnson impresses me.

Reply to
Markem

Which one, or both?

Miss Colorado Kelley Johnson or Below Deck Kelley Johnson

Reply to
DerbyDad03

;-)

I thought he meant this one:

Reply to
krw

Kelly Johnson of Lockheed, P-38, P-80, F-104, U-2 and SR-71. Just a few.

Reply to
Markem

Correct

Reply to
Markem

Ah, Kelly, not Kell*e*y.

It was that extra "e" that confused me. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Right. I equate you getting your panties in a bunch over some sort of perceived danger to hand ringing and stupid warnings plastered over everything.

It came from your hand wringing.

so I assume it was blind love and

Now we're into some sort of weirdness for sure. From the guy is fearless to a Bromance. You are bazaar.

Can't speak for him and his mom, but I already had a wonderful life, fantastic actually, but thanks for the hopes and thoughts...

Reply to
Jack

Well, I guess it was a "bromance" then, and not a romance eh?

Reply to
Jack

You are one strange dude.

Moving on.