Modular Sharpening Station Plans

So I've been thinking. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it right. Or at least as right as I can, given financial and other going concerns at the then current time.

Sooooo..... I want a station at which I can sit, but where I can also stand up and really put some ass into it. You know what I mean. In any event, I'm thinking of a shallow basin in which to place a ScarySharp set-up, a low rpm grinder and any other dedicated machinery/tooling combos that I might need. I'd like to be able to also use it as my water supply for all projects, so I'm planning on a water hookup as well as some type of drain. (Possibly a 5 gallon bucket). I'm thinking something that has nice sturdy drawers on the sides for stones and jigs etc..., but also portable, durable and FUNCTIONAL. I'm either going to tile it, or line it with roofing rubber. Tile'd be nicer but rubber less prone to cracking.

Who knows. ScarySharp is efficient when you've got a bunch of blades to do, but stones are flatter. Sharp is sharp. Or ist it...

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

As right as rain, I'm hoping....

I want an H2O hookup so I can properly cleanse my stones.

I still want those shaptons, albeit at 50% off retaill....

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique