Mobile Clamp Rack

An idea I thought I'd share with the group.

I happened to have an extra 3-tier wire shelf that is about chest high. Here's the 5-tier version which is taller.

bought some wheels for it. Not the wimpy kind, the realy good ones. Didn't find these wheels at Home Depot or Lowes -- went to hardware store (McGuckin's in Boulder, CO).

Now, I cut some half inch plywood to lay on top of the wire shelves. Then screwed some 2x2's all the way around underneath the wire shelf to kind of sandwich the wire shelf in.

Then put my parallel Bessey K-bodies and Jorgenson Cabinet masters on the side, just clamped then to a shelf. Same with the c-clamps.

For the pipe clamps, I screwed a plywood "shelf" which sticks out about

4 inched. Drilled holes in it for the pipe. on the bottom shelf, I did the same, but then also screwed a solid piec underneatch so the end of the pipe rest in a little hole.

The I used the shelves to store small clamps, my compressor, and other things that are nice to have mobile.

This is not the best mobile clamp design, but it was quick to build and fairly cheap.

My biggest complaint is that I have to take the time to clamp the K-Bodies and Cabinet Masters'.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

good idea, and a good base on which to modify according to need.

I have what appears to be an identical "rack", which I use to hold six internet servers in a closet in my home office. It is very sturdy and the only difference is that the wheels that came with mine are pretty damn good.

.. and I paid an almost identical price at Sam's, IIRC.

Reply to
Swingman