Mitre Angle more than 50 degrees???

I'm installing some small crown. I have an inside left cut I need to make that requires a mitre angle of 58 degrees -- My Dewalt compund saw (with crown fence) only goes to 50 degrees. Any suggestions to achive this angle would be appreciated.

Thanks

--

Reply to
cram

Build some adjustable fences so you are able to increase the angles.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Melanson

place a 10 degrees triangular piece of wood right against the fence, rest the crown molding against it and set the saw to cut at a 48 degrees angle.

Guillermo

Reply to
f/256

That'll work. Or, you can cut the complimentary angle... 32 degrees. Just remember to switch the direction of the stock.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

make an 8 degree wedge?

Reply to
bridger

Does anybody use a coping saw on crown anymore?

Reply to
<daveandfritzi

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

absolutely.

Reply to
bridger

Flip the wood over and cut to a complimentary angle?? ie, if you want ot cut a 60degree angle, flip it and cut a 30 degree angle

John

Reply to
John

It sound like a good logic, but, it just doesn't work.

This would work: you want to cut using the complimentary angle, feed the piece of moulding at a right angle with respect to the fence.

Guillermo

Reply to
f/256