Mission Chest of drawers finish?

I know this is a controversial subject, but here it goes.

I made a mission style chest of drawers, for a bedroom that will get fairly heavy use. I am planning on using some type of stain and armor-cel wiping poly.

I would like to get that light brown (maybe orangish) color that you see in some mission catalogs. Such as the color Fayetteville 35 out of the Stickley catalog. Almost like it was fumed with anhydrous ammonia?

Any tips or colors would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
Joe and Maria

Orange shellac and a topcoat or two of wax.

Reply to
js