mirth

This morning -- from a cave somewhere in Pakistan -- Taliban Minister of

Migration, Mohammed Omar, warned the United States that if military action > against Iraq continues, Taliban authorities will halt America's supply of > convenience store managers. If this action does not yield sufficient results, > cab drivers will be next. > It's really getting ugly >

--

Mike Hide

I have for the first time looked at Mike's website. If you haven't, look at it now. Wood work as a hobby is one thing but what he has produced is an inspiration even if it so far beyond my abilities that I know I'll never match it.

Thank you Mike for letting us all see your work.

Oh, and I liked the joke.

Reply to
Stanley

Pop Ups, New search engines and all.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you stanley...mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Thanks Gary....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Yeah - Tripod is annoying. But it was worth the hassel to see his work. Mike - hoping you invest in a better camera or scanner - a couple of pictures don't do your work justice!

Reply to
patrick conroy

Yes Patrick photography certainly is not my forte despite trying to take good shots I seem to miss the mark . I will have to get a digital camera soon and see if that helps.

Just finished a walnut corner cabinet .every shot underexposed,perhaps that the writing on the wall ,regards ...mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Mike Hide responds:

The digital will help. Get one that allows manual focus, doesn't insist on having the on-camera flash on, and shoot with a brace (preferably a tripod) using the timer for release with room lights you arrange to have the light fall without glare.

If you HAVE to use on-camera flash, put 3 or 4 layers of tissue over it, or a doubled handkerchief, both of which reduce glare a fair amount.

Charlie Self

BTW, excellent computer desk, Mike! I am designing and building something similar, if I ever get it finished I will post.

Reply to
Elwood Dowd

"patrick conroy" wrote in news:2h8vu1-vi8.ln1 @armada.sprintco.bbn.net:

I'm sure I have gotten to Mike's site in the past without problems, but today Firefox 0.9.3 crashed. I sent the requested bug report to Netscape, but would still like to remark that my wife's site on tripod ($4.95/mo) doesn't have these annoyances at all

Reply to
Han