milwaukee battery problems

Hi, I work in a shop with a few milwaukee screw guns. (12) 14.4v to be exact. I have found that these batteries are worthless after only a few months to a year. I have taken them to be reconditioned, but was told that they are no good. I have had to toss (recycle) 3 batteries within a year and a half of their purchase. I read that a few of you have had trouble with the charger and battery overheating. This doesn't happen with these. it's pretty frustrating, though, when the battery seems to hold only 1/3 charge. Any advise and imput would help. Thanks, Tom

Reply to
gaphtape

Are these batteries Nicad or Nimh? If they're Nicad, are you, for the first 3 or 4 recharging cycles, making sure they are fully discharged before you put them on charge? It makes a helluva difference.DAMHIKT.

Reply to
Limey Lurker

Yeah, your right about the difference for NiCD. I didn't think about it, but theses tools are old and we might just be using the heck out of them. I know that other companies (DeWalt) offer a slow charge for their batteries, has anyone heard of a way to do that for Milwaukee? I'd hate to have to get new NiMH batteries and chargers just so that we can get a longer life out of them. I have taken some of them to be 'recharged' at a battery place, but by that time, they're toast. If I could set them to be slow charged on the weekend, it would be great. Thanks, Tom

Reply to
gaphtape

Reply to
A.J. Hamler

Reply to
A.J. Hamler

I also think that means run times- not how long the battery will last before having to be replaced due to no longer being capable of being recharged.... Pat

Reply to
patrick mitchel

It's both. These batteries give twice the run time per charge AND provide

2.5 times the work over the life of the pack compared to standard 18 volt battery packs (according to the manufacturer).

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon