Mike Berger/Suspended Ceilings

Mike, Can you explain your concern for a suspended shop ceiling as a fire hazard? I have used this method for over 30 years. What risk am I exposed to ? For example today's real temp was 104 degrees outside so it was perhaps 140+ degrees above the ceiling.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

M Berger

Not to be _too_ picky, but...

If there is a solid ceiling and an attic, the same thing is true. One can't avoid all risks (and do anything, at least).

The only real concern I would have w/ the suspended ceiling would be higher possibility of dust accumulation if don't have adequate dust control in the shop or if were exhausting air into it as per the "open plenum" design of many commercial office/retail buildings...

dpb