Membership requirements?

Ya make ONE bad idea tooth pick holder and you get labeled for life ! Puff

requirements that

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Does your woodworking club have membership guidelines or requirements that address participation or quality of work? If you response, what size is your group? GCS

Reply to
RESPITE95

Now THAT is a loaded question. Our numbers are legion. Our quality of work ranges from a bad toothpick maker to beautiful works of art. You don't have to be crazy but it helps. It also helps to have a thick skin and a very good sense of humor.

And send me your credit card number so I can auto deduct your daily dues

Hope this answers your questions -

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

I haven't joined the local group but they're open to everyone...

"The Saskatchewan Woodworkers' Guild welcomes any new members with an interest in working with wood."

The membership list isn't publicly available on their web site, so I don't know how many belong.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIC

Reply to
Vic Baron

Ours has a somewhat general requirement that the member is breathing and that their work has somewhat a resemblance to wood.

Presently 3 1/2

Nova

Yea, all the good you do, nobody remembers. All the bad, nobody forgets...

Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine put a new motor in a race car and had problems with it bogging down coming off the line. Once it got up some speed, it had all kinds of torque ... It ended up being the crankshaft was the problem. The motor came out of a boat...

We still play "Anchors Away" into his answering machine to this day... AND tease him about some great deal a guy had on a trailer for it...a boat trailer... He will never live that one down... The guy who sold him the motor was the brother of a well known NASCAR team owner who really should have known better...

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

And send me your credit card number so I can auto deduct your daily dues

I am the official treasurer for this group so all monies should flow through me.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

And don't forget, PURPLE.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

PURPLEteen, a new colorful number below 20.

Reply to
Leon

yes, now please multiply 3 1/2 by purple and those are the yearly dues. :-)

BRuce

PS, it doesn't matter what color you use the answer is always 42.

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

I was practicing multiplication flash cards with Claire (age

9) the other night and this very same answer came up more than once.

Coincidence???

UA100, who has always had an unexplained fondness for 42...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Dat's 'cause if'n ya add the 4 anna 2 ya getta 6

andifya line dem 6's up accordion to da missin' numbah inda serious betweenz 4 anna 2 (3) ya get 666

which is da debbil's area code, don'tcha know

(watson - who learned about this in the pennsyltucky occult newsgroup while investigating the use of satanic emoticons to control the lives of the unsuspecting.)

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Now that's funny. Just saw bits and pieces of a History channel show on Bootleggers. And all the things they did to their transportation to stay ahead of the law. Your friend doesn't make extra income does he.........?

Reply to
Young_carpenter

BRuce responds:

But only when the calendar chimes three times.

Charlie Self "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin - it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring." S. J. Perelman

Charlie Self

So I asked a straight question and I got I'm not sure what, with a few exceptions. Maybe it has been a bad weather weekend and too many of us have spent too much time..... oh what the hell. Thanks to those who made a response to my question. It seems that like most groups, 20% of the folks do the work for themselves and the other 80%. Wish we could get past that. GCS

Reply to
RESPITE95

Really I think maybe you should go back and see what it was you originally posted. Now had you posted something like this:

Hello,

I'm interested in knowing of the woodworkers here who belong to local groups or guilds how many (insert balance of question here regarding qualifications and requirements of the guild/group)...

You see, with the way you'd stated your question most people thought you were asking about qualifications for membership to this group (rec.wood).

Does that help to clear things up/smooth over some feathers/dislodge and bugs?

By the way, I think the intent of your inquiry was a good one and would have been a good subject for the group to discuss. Feel free to re-ask, this time with some clarity.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

size doesn't matter!

dave

RESPITE95 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

if you are inquiring about this, rec.woodworking, it's not a club. it's a newsgroup. the requirements are that you participate. if you have something interesting and useful to contribute, please do. if not, please don't..... : ^ )

Reply to
Bridger