Rockwell label wrong mounted wrong way?

Why is the label on my circa 1975 Rockwell 6x48 belt sander mounted upside-down? Am I missing something? Its attached with small rivets.

Reply to
Subw00er

That's the Australian model, the label's not upside down, you are.

/vic

Reply to
Victor Radin

that's a sign of a counterfeit tool.

Reply to
KYHighlander

It's a floor sander.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Awesome - you have a collectors item! ebayebayherewecome:)

Reply to
Eric Ryder

LOL!!

I needed that, thanks Keith!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

You're not holding the belt sander upside down are you? The side with the sander should be pointing down. :)

Reply to
mp

Wow, so do I have a defect? How come you all are making fun of me??!!? :)

I posted a pic in A.B.P.W. - have a look!

Put a pic of my downdraft table too! Can anyone identify the wood? I'm not sure.

Reply to
Subw00er

Nobody ever meant to make it personal. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

No malice intended, just some harmless ribbing.

Reply to
mp

So, the picture is over in the binaries group (sander and downdraft pics = subject) Anyone know why its up-side-down??

Reply to
Subw00er

nope

Reply to
Bridger

The truth? During the mid/late 70's Rockwell International was having some real quality control problems.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100