Makita plate joiner question

I bought one, a 3901 plate joiner, or biscuit cutter. When the angle guide is removed, the remaining plate is not even with the front of tool where the blade comes out. Seems like it is machined wrong. If I were going to make some biscuits into say the side of a piece of wood, such as the side of bookshelf, I would have to add a small shim to get it supported squarely.

Anybody know anything about this?

Reply to
Ed

DON'T REMOVE IT! It is adjustable between 0 and 90 degrees.

dave

Ed wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave