Makita BO6040

Has anyone purchased and used this tool?

I'm in the market for a hog of a ROS. It's primary use will be to sand the edges of hardwood floors. Currently I use a DeWalt and PC hand ROS. Both are around 2.4 Amps.

This Makita is about 6.6 Amps. And it's 6". It's also about $300.

Has anyone used this tool? Can you tell me about your large 6" PC or DeWalt or Bosch etc?

Thanks for any input,

Sam

Reply to
Sam Shank

I have 2 of the 6" PC ROSs. with the speed all of the way up and a coarse grit on them, they're scary. they are also solid machines. I recommend them....

Reply to
Bridger

Take a look at the Festool RO150. Higher price, but nicely built, good warranty and a well-designed pairing with their dust collection unit. I know these guys have some info :

got sick of throwing away crap sanders every six months and I wanted to have a very good dust control for remodel work.

Reply to
grommie