Making use of inner bench corners?

I'm just about to rebuild my workbench area and am a little confused about how to make best use of the available area and in particular how to efficiently use the inner corner of an "L" shaped bench. A nice depth for the bench will result in a rather deep and inaccessible corner area. What can be done to make better use of that area? I'm just curious what other people do. Thanks.

Reply to
Davej

a good problem to have.. I'm not there yet..

air compressor? tuck it away in a sound box planer on wheels -- assuming you have another roll out cart to get at it shelves for seldom used items - empty tool cases, etc -- assuming you have a roll out cart to get at it

Reply to
Kevin

Best location for a drill press, particularly a radial press with a 34" ram.

Reply to
Father Haskell

The area might do well as a hand-held routing station? Fretsawing spot? You know, clamp your work in the corner and have at it? As another has said, good problem to have. Tom

Reply to
tom

Lazy Susan?

I saw 1 kitchen with a v-shaped set of drawers to fit a corner.. weird but it worked for them..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Norm visited a showroom with very neat, but probably very expensive drawers designed for that area.

That said, I'm working on the same issue. Currently, the plan is for my phone, hanging tools to go above. A light box for stained glass might go across as the cabinet top.

The base. I'm not sure yet. Open shelves for paint, etc.? Scroll saw storage? I'm just not certain. I need to do more of a layout in the shop to get a visual.

Reply to
Scott Zrubek

I vote for a well stocked bar fridge!

Reply to
toolman946 via CraftKB.com

Yeah, right below the TV and stereo!

Reply to
DGDevin

I've been considering that. I've been threatened with being banished to the shop. Need to be able to survive.

Reply to
Scott Zrubek