Making a box joint jig

I'm just a lurker but I learned quick about electrical advice. I hold a master electricians license and 40 years on the job. Learned real quick to keep quiet.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Morris Dovey wrote in news:hdo0u0$gc6$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

the links you provided.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm not Morris, but watch the line wrap? Unless Florida has decided to block non-commercial, educational content. :)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:19:16 -0800 (PST), the infamous Hoosierpopi scrawled the following:

The best bet is to save the highest resolution graphic you have in a non-lossy format (tiff, psd, bmp, etc) and then make modified and/or compressed copies for use everywhere else.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:42:20 -0800, the infamous Mike M scrawled the following:

Was that for liability purposes or due to the massive amounts of incoming flak from the heavily opinionated (and highly wrong) wannabes out there, Mike? ("I didn't have any solder so I used chewing gum.")

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:05:39 -0500, the infamous Greg G. scrawled the following:

Judging by the half-link shown above, Steve is, indeed, suffering from line wrap problems. The actual link is below. Note that it does not end in "De"

we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Steve...

If you were looking for the JPEG files, they were judged too small, lacking proper prose obfuscation, and in need of visual proof that the designs worked as advertised.

I deleted them from the server.

The box joint jig _still_ lacks photos, but you can find links to remnants of both designs in my project menu at:

Morris Dovey

Morris Dovey wrote in news:he11c9$rqr$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Morris,

Many thanks, both for the explanation and the update. These look very interesting, and I can't wait to try them out.

Thanks again, Steve

Reply to
Steve

An inspector once said arguing with the electrical inspecter is like wrestling with pigs. Eventually you'll figure out they enjoy wallowing in the mud.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Ok - I finally broke down and bought a little shirt-pocked digital video camera. If I can figure the little bugger out without breaking it, I'll add a video to the web page in spring.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:04:18 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey scrawled the following:

See? I gave you an excuse to go buy yet another toy, er, I mean tool.

P.S: I hope you have a receipt and can return it. Those cheapies are truly nasty in most cases.

-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thank you /so/ very much!

Well, it was either a cheapie (less than $100) or nothing. B'sides, the videos aren't for /me/ to watch. :->

I shot a couple of short clips at home to try it out (the tiny little thing did look kinda silly perched on my tripod) and it did ok when I loaded the file into the computer for playing - but I think they may have done some cost-cutting with their HDMI driver circuit.

Reply to
Morris Dovey