Looking for someone in N. Ft Worth

I'm a new to woodworking. It's been 20 years since high school woodshop. I have finally bought a house and my wife decided to outfit the garage with power tools! She got me Ryobi's ( have to start somewhere). I have a scroll saw, band saw, miter saw, router w/table, belt/disk sander,

10" table saw, drill press, air compressor w/ brad/staple gun and I just aquired a 12" craftsman lathe 1977 and a late 50's early 60's 14" Delta band saw. I have been laid off from my job so I can't hit the college for a class right now and am looking for someone to help me with instruction on proper tool usage and pass on some knowledge to a fledgling woodworker.

Don Ft. Worth , TX

Reply to
BigDaddy

Don...

She's a keeper. You have a good start. This is a good place to ask specific questions. When you ask general questions you're likely to get answers like: "Keep your fingers away from the whirly things."

-- Morris Dovey DeSoto, Iowa USA

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Try your local library, a little reading can be a very helpful thing.........

Reply to
Tom Cavanagh

Woodcraft has a store near Ridgmar Mall. They offer basic classes. There is also a Woodcraft in Addison with a different mix of classes. Between the two shops there are a lot of classes for the beginner.

Grant

Tom Cavanagh wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

Thanks for the information. I grew up near Ridgmar Mall. I should be able to find the store.

Don

"Grant P. Beagles" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEALLCAPS.raytheon.comERCIAL...

Reply to
BigDaddy