anyone have copies of Shopnotes

vol 9 #52

vol 10 #55

vol 11 #64 and #65

vol 13 #73, 74 ,75 and 76

that they would like to sell

Reply to
doc44

I prob have those..but they are not for sale. They have been scanned and converted to pdf format. If there is enough interest I can post them in one of the binary groups. Oh.. there are several years worth of them.

Reply to
K_Line

While, I'm not a copyright lawyer, but someone who values the right of the author, I'd advise you NOT do this. August Home Publishing can help out this individual by seling back copies.

I doubt the local library has them, so I can sympathize that these issues may cost some dough. He probably can visit the local Woodcraft and see if they have them - mine does. So he can save on shipping.

Just my $.02 for today.

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjwallace

There is not a local woodcraft. I wish to purchase the magazines not download a PDF. I understand that they will be more than the original price. If your local woodcraft store has them would you be willing to purchase them and send them to me? I have been trying to buy them on ebay. I usually end up with four or five others in the lot to get one that I want. According to August Home's webpage they are out of these. I went there first.

Reply to
doc44

David

Per my last reply.

I have been trying to buy them on ebay. I usually end up with four or five others in the lot to get one that I want.

Reply to
doc44

PDF is better. I have printed out many articles, even the entire magazine from mine. When I'm done I toss it in the garbage. My PDF version stays pristine. You can also printout the PDFs MUCH larger than the magazine. Helps with reading those little measurements.

I'm presently doing my own PDFs of the first 5 years of WOOD magazine.

Reply to
David

While I may be convinced about copying when something is truly unavailable, I generally agree very much with your comments. In the rare case in which I were convinced to provide someone a cc of something out-of-print, it would be in an e-mail, not by posting to a website/ng. FWIW. -- Igor.

Reply to
igor

Reply to
K_Line

I agree.. and when burned to DVD they take up very little shelf space as well.

Reply to
K_Line

You won't mind then if a copy of this and your email address [assuming it is correct] is forwarded to Shopnotes for their opinion? Or, perhaps you could write them yourself for their permission just as a matter of common courtesy, and *then* tell everyone to stuff it.

Reply to
Guess who

FWIW, it is illegal to make a copy of copyrighted material without express permission - period. It is also illegal to distribute same for profit or for free via ANY medium.

That said, do a lot of people do it - yes. Do the copyright holders care - generally not unless there's a flagrant violation AND someone turns you in.

Chances are, with a company the size of Shopnotes publisher posting on a website of newsgroup might result in a letter from an attorney and it might not.

"You pays yer money and you takes yer choice"

Reply to
Vic Baron

You're the type of asshole who reports his neighbor for watering on the wrong days. The world would be a nicer place with fewer pricks like you.

Reply to
David

Posting the pdf files is the same as stealing them from the company. It's not a victimless crime; they're $4.99 each.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

Well said. It was not that us nay-sayers were saying that it cannot be done, or, as you said, that it is not done, just that we think it is a bad thing to do. IMO, if someone says, "I think that that is not a good idea" and the response is, "FU, I'll do whatever I want", then a rejoinder that "Well, then I might call the cops" seems proportional, as the guys at the Pentagon say. Had the potential pirate ignored the "not a good idea" comment or responded with a cogent argument, I doubt that the cops option would have been broached. But that's just the view from my armchair. Igor

Reply to
igor

Yup. Some of us make money in selling intellectual property, and feel it's disgusting when people casually steal money from our colleagues. Hell, I won't even steal from Microsoft, even though I dislike them intensely.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
doc44

So I guess you and the previous dope are the victims? You poor things. Guess what Ed if you have a child over the age of 12 with access to a computer look no further for someone to report for theft.

Reply to
David

You got is backwards asshole. I don't steal from my neighbours, and that makes the world a better place.

Reply to
Guess who

Then write to them and ask permission. Is that so difficult?

Reply to
Guess who