Looking for ideas for a Bible stand

I have been asked to make a stand for a big family Bible. The folks that are asking are into Victorian and Georgian styles. When I did a google search, I came up with very little. In fact, the first hit was an ebay auction for a iron stand with a couple of boards poorly attached to it. This whole thing was painted red. I am looking for some ideas. I would like to do the project in mahogany. Tips and pointers are appreciated!

Grant

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

The nicest ones I've seen are usually more of a lecturn, or a small pulpit. Or are you more interested in a stand to just hold the Book open when it is on display on top of another piece of furniture?

Jim

Reply to
Jeepnstein

Look at

"Grant P. Beagles" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEALLCAPS.raytheon.comERCIAL...

Reply to
Arnar Haugedal

Reply to
admin

Reply to
Bob Kuphal

I didn't even think of dictionary stand. It is really amazing how someone gets focused on something and totally misses related items!

Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@horatio.agresource.com wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

David Marks did a very nice large book stand that would more than do for your needs. Check out DIY.

Reply to
Greg Layton