Looking for better chisels...

I have the Lee Valley chisels and they work fine. They keep an edge pretty well. I also have the Lie-Nielsen's and they are very nice. I tend to use them only for the "good stuff." They handle well, too.

For really high end, try Barr chisels.

attractive middle of the road chioce I'd check out the MHG chisels which are imported from Germany and sold through Hartville Tool. A set of 6 is about $125.

The Veritas Detail chisels (sold at Lee Valley) are also nice. They have one at 1/16'th, a useful size. I've found anything from Lee Valley with the word "Vertitas" on it is very high quality. A set of 5 is $135. See them here:

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message [snip]

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I wonder if these are yet one more cousin of Hirsch / Two Cherries?

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y