Lock Miter Router bit

Looking for a lock miter bit that will cut 1/4" to 1/2" thick wood for making small boxes. Lee Valley has one that will 3/8" to 1/2" thick wood, but would like to get a smaller one if possible. Anyone know if a lock miter bit is made for 1/4" material. Thanks.

Vic

Reply to
Vic

Either that or box joints.

Reply to
Upscale

I used to worry about finding the same thing for jewelry boxes. Instead I just miter a 45 with a chamfer bit and apply tight bond.

My proceedure is to

1) size the wood. 2) run each piece through the chamfer bit 3) apply glue and band clamp everything together 4) check for squareness adjust as needed 5) pin nail everything so it stays together while the glue cures 6) remove the band clamp and set aside.

I've d> Looking for a lock miter bit that will cut 1/4" to 1/2" thick wood for

Reply to
william kossack

Box joints on a box?? WAY too logical..*g*

Mac

mac davis

Thanks for all the comments. Agree after thinking some more, a lock miter bit for 1/4" material is not a good idea. Box joints it will be. Thanks.

Vic

Reply to
Vic