Liquid glass resin gone wrong and need to rub back!!

I have an area of 1200x600 table top that has a veneer design with different colours on a black background. After pouring the dark veneers got really darker and are hardly seen, and some areas on the black look cloudy. I want to rub back the resin so I can add lighter veneer replacing the dark ones and repour liquid glass resin hoping to get rid of the cloudy areas What grade of paper do I need and how long do I wait for liquid glass to cure. It has been 2 days since the first pour.

Reply to
Chris Alifragis

replying to Chris Alifragis, Iggy wrote: Here's a great little video that seems to address your situation perfectly, the need for thinning, leveling and torching. See YouTube: DIY- How to apply "Liquid Glass" Epoxy Resin on almost any surface

Iggy

Except that his question is how to remove it, not how to apply it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Cure depends upon what "liquid glass" is. It could be polyester resin in which case it would be totally cured after 2 days, assuming it was catalyzed properly. If it is epoxy, it would not be totally cured in that time but would be sandable.

How coarse a grit? How thick is the resin? I used to use something around #16 and a very open coat with polyester. Basically use whatever grit needed to do the job but personally, I wouldn't even think about trying to sand it off a veneered surface

Reply to
dadiOH

replying to J. Clarke, Iggy wrote: You are correct, thank you. I must have been distracted. I'll post another answer.

Reply to
Iggy

replying to Chris Alifragis, Iggy wrote: Sorry about my first answer. But, I'd have to agree with dadiOH that sanding could result in ruining the veneer. Therefore, I think I'd go with a heat gun and a very gentle scraping of the problem areas. I'd then re-apply in those areas with more heat gun use to let the fresh and cured bond and seal together. I haven't done this and the above is just a theory, but I imagine that is should work quite well and save you from scraping the whole top to start completely over.

Reply to
Iggy