Link belts stretching?

John, I never said serpentine belts were inferiour to V-belts. On the contrary, I prefer serpentines to any other type.

OTOH, I feel your pain on the aftermarket/port installed A/Cs. I have had to repair hundreds.

Dave

TeamCasa

No, he was asking if it was normal for link belts to stretch over time.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

so, couldn't he conclude that by looking at his belt? If it was stretched, he could safely conclude that link belts stretch over time...sigh.

dave

Jim Wils> Bay Area Dave wrote...

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

No, he could conclude that *his* link belt had stretched over time. I believe he wanted to know if that is typical behavior for *all* link belts, or if it's peculiar to his.

Doug Miller

How could he? He can only inspect one belt.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

sigh... I forgot you are a mind reader too! :)

dave

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Dave, sigh......

John, I have 4 link belts on various machines for the past year or so. None have changed length that I can measure.

Rick

Reply to
Rick