Leecraft zero insert noise?

I have a PM66 with a Leecraft zero clearance insert and a Forest WW2 blade. The saw, when lower than the insert is whisper quiet(5HP). But once it is up in its insert, which has already been plowed out, it makes noise as if it is still rubbing on the sides slightly? Is this common? I would think once it has made its cut, it would be quiet?

help

hda

Reply to
A.I.

Mine did the same thing. While the saw is running and with the fence covering the insert BUT NOT THE BLADE SLOT, raise the blade to further cut out the slot. Then after a few weeks the noise should diminish with use.

Reply to
Leon

Mine did that for a short while. I didn't find it bothersome and found that it eventually went away. Obviously, the slight amount of side movement of the blade, over time, wore off the contacting material and eliminated the noise.

Reply to
Prosecutor