Lee Valley catalog a collectors item !?

See e-bay item # 3853061500 for a mint catalog from 2001-2002. (No it's not mine, although I probably have one tucked away somewhere.)

Maybe the resident LV pricing policy troll will prefer those prices. :*)

Note to troll - less $$ for LV means less R&D spent on developing new tools.

Reply to
BMR

Hi - I think the seller's a few decades early...:)

We have kept an archive of multiple pristine copies of every catalogue since the first in 1978 ... a full set would be 3-4 feet wide at least. Someday, we WILL put a set up for auction.... proceeds to charity, most likely...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Almost certainly an American charity.

Reply to
Robert

Note to Village Idiot. Why should Canadians pay more than Americans for the same Lee Valley R&D?

Reply to
Robert

Not "certainly" - but definitely in proportion to sales. We actually sent a fair amount outside North America too...wherever the need is the greatest. Last large donation actually went to Haiti after the devastion from the hurricane...

Thanks for your interest though.....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

In other words to crooked American companies and their paid war lords who completely control Haiti. Wonderful.:( I guess the term 'Charity begins at home' is lost on you. We have a few native peoples up north in this country in desperate need of help right now but I guess they don't buy too many Lee Valley tools.

Reply to
Robert

Wow, Robert, you're really over the top on this, you know that? It's like your _obsessed_. Robin sends money to someone who needs it, and you jump all over him for that, too.

Step back and take a look at this, Robert; you're over-reacting to a nothing.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

LOL! You actually believe him? You're dumber than I thought.

Reply to
Robert

Given that we've never conversed before (unless this is a new identity for you here), that's an interesting statement to make. So you're saying he's lying now? Last message, you were criticizing him for sending it because it'd go to the wrong people, now you're saying he didn't send it after all? You can't even be consistant for 2 messages in a row.

Which is it, Robert, you believe him and don't like him because he sent it, or you don't believe him and don't like him because he didn't send it? If you're going to have a point, it should at least be able to last more than one post.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Rob Lee isn't his dad. He doesn't strike me as the 'giving' type period! I could be wrong but I don't believe a word he posts in this news group without proof. So far he has been long on posting, short on facts regarding his pricing policy in Canada. I don't see this as being any different.

Reply to
Robert

I disagree with you. I posted an explanation on the exchange rate issue and he confirmed it rather directly.

Reply to
igor

So you criticized him for giving money to people in a particular country, before you criticized him for lying about giving money to that country. Sheesh. You should run for President, unsuccessfully.

The prices are what they are. Deal with it, or buy something else. Very simple.

Somehow I knew you wouldn't.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Oh for gods sake, they gave money to people in need, which is more then most people and corporations do. Who did you give your last donation to?

Oh to hell with it, just go f*ck yourself. People such as you, who would reduce a charitable donation to such dribble, ought to be tossed out of society and are intolerable.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

That's because you are an idiot.

Canadians have always paid more regardless of exchange rate. I challenged anyone to show me ONE DAY in the last TWO years when Canadians paid the same or less for a Lee Valley plane. There have been ZERO takers because that day does not exist.

Reply to
Robert

SPCA. Over $600 cash this year. Over $5000 in the last ten years. Time donated at $10 an hour = at least $20,000 over the same time. I know it's not the same as helping crooked American companies in Haiti but...

How about you?

Reply to
Robert

Local volunteer fire department and (2) ambulance services for the last decade+. None of which is relevant to you bitching about how someone else decides to allocate their charitable giving, whilst simultaneously saying you don't believe they're doing it, that is.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Just an excuse to party and get drunk every week with the guys.

At a hotel fire in my area a while back even the Fire Chief showed up drunk. One person died as a result. He's still Chief and still a drunk. No one else wants the job.

Reply to
Robert

You're typing bullshit

Reply to
Battleax

Lol, good story, too bad it's not true. A volunteer firefighter rates far higher than a useless donator to spca anyway.

Reply to
Battleax

I guess you live in a dog house???

Reply to