Lee Valley catalog a collectors item !?

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:06:38 -0500, Village Idiot in Training "Upscale" wrote: Your'e not bright enough to be a full fledged Village Idiot.

I never said they weren't good. I've been a customer for years and will for many more. I buy all my blades and sanding supplies from Lee Valley. In fact almost all my shop consumables come from Lee Valley. Stains, dyes, glues, etc, etc. A big chunk of my garden supplies as well. Half of my Christmas gifts for the past 3 years as well. The other half comes from Futureshop and Marks. I'm an online shopper, I rarely visit stores.

Lee Valley has excellent customer service as well, but IMO they're ripping off Canadian customers on the price of their tools.:)

Clear now dumbass. I've only said it a dozen times or more

Reply to
Robert

The topic of over priced woodworking tools is on topic for this group.

Reply to
Robert

Liar. Clamps at Princess Auto.

Reply to
Robert

I was actually finding him entertaining, in a village idiot sort of way. For some reason, I picture him drooling all over himself as he types.

Folks like him congregate on ham radio groups and mailing lists. A helpful business owner would participate in the group, and some 'net stalker would lose his mind over the person.

Rob has definitely reached the big time now.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Only you would consider that cheap ass place as a supplier of quality woodworking tools. If you were in any way skilled as a woodworker, you'd have graduated from that cut rate store a long time ago.

Reply to
Upscale

LOL! Who said they were quality, I said they were cheap.

They were the first purchase I ever made from Princess Auto and probably my last. For clamping trim on desktops they are perfect. I don't have any other use for 60" clamps. I'm actually a carver and box maker, not a furniture maker.:)

Although Princess Auto do have the identical dead blow hammer as Lee Valley's at half the price.:)

Reply to
Robert

Dave Hinz did say:

And you must admit the OP was taunting him. I wouldn't blame this thread on Robert.

Reply to
WoodMangler

Yeah -- tell them this is the first *hardware* catalog that ever went into the night stand drawer by the bed. Next to the - oh, never mind...

Reply to
patrick conroy

Really? You must have been in there really recently if you're comparing their products to Lee Valley Tools current products? And if you were in there recently, then you're a hack. And tell me Robert, did you actually write down the markings and id on those clamps and then run right over to LV to compare that the clamps were identical?

And similarly, you must have recorded the manufacturer and make of that dead blow hammer and then run over to LIVE to compare it to their model.

I'm finished with this thread. You're a liar without ever offering a shred of proof to back up your claims. If you were genuine with your claims, then we'd see pictures and product comparisons with proof of purchase to back it up. Instead, all you ever offer is hyperbole without fact. That fact that you liking being the pariah of this group only backs that up further.

Reply as you will, I won't see it. You're filtered.

Reply to
Upscale

Nah there's not enough light that fart up his butt to make a reflection.

Reply to
Jim Northey

That's where my LV hardware catalog is too :O)

Reply to
Keith

LOL! I've never even seen a Princess Auto Store from the outside let alone been in one. Or a Lee Valley either for that matter.

Reply to
Robert

So the basis for all your "clamp" complaints against Lee Valley Tools lies only with online or catalogue pictures you've seen?

As you've admitted, Princess Auto is a low end dealer. Heaven forbid that Princess Auto might not use a picture of a high quality clamp to promote some of their cheap clamps.

What kind of gullible, flaming idiot are you?

Reply to
SweetNothing

Seen in another post: "Frankly, I think you're a liar."

Reply to
pope

If you compare the headers of the post you're rprlying to with the headers from other posts by "Robert" I think you'll find someone is now forging his address to try to keep this shit storm flowing.

Standard Advice:

-- Ignore

-- Filter

-- Help others to do the same

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Yeah, but their exchange rates for Canadian customers are very good, y'see.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

...and, just where is 'your area'...?

a while back even the Fire Chief showed up drunk. One

Any facts to support this claim, or is this just more drivel?

Reply to
Waldo

(re robert)

he's a troll. just filter him out and move along, willya?

Reply to
bridger

Ummm, no.

Reply to
Robert

Hi Robin

While these guys are arguing the toss over there in the US and Canada and if you feel like a little respite, I'm sure you would be welcome on this side of the pond in the UK. We certainly need some stores of the quality of Lee Valley.

So come on over, open a few stores, relax and enjoy the appreciation you'd get from British woodworkers. Your reputation goes before you

Mick

Reply to
Mick Stanford