Larry "C-less" Jaques -- Front and Center!

I saw this and thought "Larry needs to see this."

pardon me while I grin, duck, and (of course) run.

Regards,

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Haven't used one of those since I was... never mind :-)

Saved it -- looks like a nice project.

Reply to
WillR

Ahh yes. Another weekend project... :-) jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

"Rick" wrote in news:Vnf9e.79870 $ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Plans, he's got. Motivation, maybe not so much so.

Thanks for the link.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:13:09 GMT, the inscrutable "Rick" spake:

Tanks, Reeky. ;)

I saw the crossbar the other day while I was straightening up in the shop. A couple more days of that and I'll be able to see the floor again!

========================================================= Save the Whales +

the whole set! + Website design and graphics =========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just remember, Lazza, 'twasn't me brought it up this time(although I was tempted a few days ago).

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:08:02 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

I didn't need plans; one pic (after having physically used one) was all it took. Maybe it is motivation. ;)

All the pieces are here: the wood is cut, the M&Ts are cut, the handles are made, the bandsaw blade sections are cut and punched, etc. All I have left to do is drill the handles for the lag bolts, but the lag heads off, drill for the roll pins, and finish shaping the wood. Y'know, maybe 1.5-2 hours.

========================================================= Save the Whales +

the whole set! + Website design and graphics =========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And if it were important to you, it might have been done by now.

I have projects like that. They are, however, not Legends of the wReck.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

leg·end - n. 1.a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.

myth - n. 1. A fictitious story, person, or thing.

;-)

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Yea, verily there was a Bowsaur - back to the Ur-Wreck and time immemorial - there was yet a Bowsaur.

It was in the reach of the Aristotelian portion of Causality known as "The Efficient Cause".

It was the efficient cause of C-Less being the butt of many jokes.

This is good - and as it should be.

Reply to
Tom Watson

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:15:06 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

Rightio. That's why it never got finished.

It has taken many long, hard hours to get it to that status. That's why I threaten to finish it every 8 or 12 months.

(My 15 minutes of fame. ;)

========================================================= What doesn't kill you +

you hurt more. + Web application programming =========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:50:59 -0400, the inscrutable "no(SPAM)vasys" spake:

You entirely mythed the point, Yack. Would you like a pic of the blades I imported all the way from D.C.? (Washington, Jeff) I'll see if I can scare 'em up.

you hurt more. + Web application programming =========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:06:28 -0400, the inscrutable Tom Watson spake:

Verily, Brother. Just as a certain plane monger has his Zebrawood story and another retired cabinetmaker has his infamous Nowrecki serial character.

"Drop the pickle, Danger!"