Kudos to Coastal Tool

Hi,

First off, I'm not in any way affiliated with this company. Second, this really applies to United States, East coast.

I received a Toolcrib catalog and was looking at finish nailers as I'm about to begin a home remodeling project that's going to involve a lot of trim (I mean, as in wood, but perhaps if my wife really like it...). Saw a good deal on a Porter Cable combo (CFFN250N) that included a brad nailer also. It was 100.00 USD less that the previous Amazon.com price. Called Toolcrib (Amazon), they were out of stock but had them on back order and expected them in two weeks. Having heard that before, I started to look for other places selling this combo.

Found Coastal Tool (

). They had the same deal (pancake compressor, finish nailer, brad nailer) but for ten dollars less and included a compressor accessory kit. Shipping to Maryland was only eight dollars. Four days later, I'm playing with a new toy.

Seemed like a good company to do business with. I'm not anti-Amazon, just wanted to share an alternative.

Jo

Reply to
John

I've ordered from them also. You can special order things that Amazon and other don't always stock. I bought a couple of accessories from them not listed by Amazon, Woodcraft, or any of the other larger outfits. . Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I live in CT and I've made at least 4 trips up to Hartford (about an hour each way) just to buy from these guys. I've bought a Delta 6" jointer, Delta 16.5" drill press, a bunch of Bessey K-bodies, a Senco nail gun, Delta thickness planer and two routers. I'm not exactly sure how they can keep their prices as low as they do, because they aren't a particularly large outfit, but I'm not complaining. They've even let me swap out freebies that were included in some cases (like the mortiser attachment on the drill press - I have a mortising machine - so they let me get some Bessey clamps instead), which is nice.

Coastal Tool definitely get's my seal of approval.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I bought a bench vise from them - they shipped it free to Colorado. Their price was real low too, so I know they lost money on that deal. shipping probably cost as much or more than the product did!

Joe Vise

[...]

joe

John ...

They are indeed a good company. I guess this qualifies as a mini-gloat because Coastal is less than a mile from my house so I wouldn't have had to wait the 4 days you did. (Although my 6% CT sales tax probably neutralizes the the shipping costs and then some.) The guys at Coastal are always friendly and helpful. They're directly across the street from the Borg so it is easy to comparison shop (Coastal usually wins). And when you go into their store it's sort of like Toys R Us for the big boys.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon