Kreg pocket screw jig

Korection, Never used a stile or mating piece when drilling a rail.

Reply to
Leon

My mistake. I did buy the "C" but typoed when I replied.

Reply to
Upscale

Rockler's multi-pack of Kreg Screws is comparable to Home Depots, who also sales individual sizes in quantities of 1000 for $18 to about $24. However, Lowes sales 100 packs for less than $4. Please don't flame my butt for mentioning those kinda stores.

Reply to
asmurff

I would think you would be exactly right. Even if you could rig the portable and set the stop collar improperly to get penetration, the minor diameter of the step drill is a clearance diameter, larger than the screw. so all you would accomplish is putting a clearance hole in the second piece, reducing the amount of thread bite, and thinning out the material below the counterbore. None of those are good things.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher