Kmart-Sears are ONE

Now, nobody does woodworking naked. Has anyone heard what will happen to Land's End? I thought it was a going concern and now that Sears owns it and K-Mart is going to start putting their 2 cents into the catalog, too, who knows what will happen next?

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

If "compete on price" means "ask the supplier to degrade the product so we can sell it cheaper", I can think of better ways to compete. They need to do something *better* than the competition, not just copy them.

Reply to
Ron Bean

IMHO, the purpose of the combination of these businesses is to covert as many of the fixed assets as possible into liquid assets as fast as possible.

Don't think it will take 10 years to liquidate Kmart-Sears.

I still miss the "blue light special".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Interesting. Did you know that recently certain Craftsman products were already being sold by other sources besides Sears? I know MSC sometmes sells Craftsman products on sale, and I've seen them advertised in local newspaper for other retailers, though I can't remember who at the moment.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Shop Smart, shop S-Mart.........

Bill

Phil,

You raise a good point, but, the way I see it, a different corporate entity may not be the answer. Sears has changed their "corporate standards" a few times that I can think of... For one, have you noticed that there are Craftsman Tools (with lifetime warranties) AND they are now fronting Sears brand handtools with NO warranty. Cheaper price and cheaper tool. Also, as I said before, the online sales and retail store sales are separate entities now. They used to be more than happy to order items that the customer couldn't find at the retail stores, now, they couldn't care less. The new corporate entity idea will work, but, ONLY if the new corporate entity creates and enforces new policies that truly demonstrate that they are there to help the customer. That means customer service of ordering out-of-stock items (like a catalog store), quickly and efficiently getting to customers that own Kenmore appliances that need repair, QUICKLY (not more than a month) getting the necessary tools and parts to repair those appliances, AND MOST OF ALL, selling Craftsman, Kenmore, or whatever brands of goods that are really good enough for people to want to own. Why else did they have the corporate idea a few years back to start selling so many other brands?

I think they were starting to realize that their motto had changed from: "Sears where America shops" to "Sears where nobody shops"

Paul

Reply to
paul_bilodeau1

I predict in 2 to 3 years kmart and sears will fold.

Reply to
Sam

Reply to
M-14

Don;t blame K-mart. They only took advantage of the great laws of this country. And brought to you by those people who know everything. And before anyone starts to point fingers at democrats or republicans , remember they both had time to change the laws. Guess this did some what, harder now I hear for people to file . How about co's. And the ultimate insult is I thought oh well I can still use the stock certificate out in the outhouse. Trouble with that they are in street name. Damm what will I use now?

Reply to
O D