Kitchen Cabinets

What is a good product which i can purchase to touch up my kitchen cabinets? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product for kitchen cabinet surfaces but did not get the name.

Reply to
the left hander

ts? They are only a few years old but are getting a little bit dirty around the handles and edges. I heard there is a great product for kitchen cabine t surfaces but did not get the name.

Greased Lightning?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Krylon. Comes in many colors

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Murphy's Oil soap

Reply to
Leon

Ditto.

Reply to
willshak

------------------------------------------------------------- You can't get there from here.

You can try washing with Murphy's oil or Simple Green which may remove the grimy, gummy finish, around the pulls; however, but you are then faced with a refinish job.

Had this problem with a house I had 40 years ago.

The only solution was to reface the cabinets in place with plastic laminate and build new laminated door fronts using MDF as core.

Obviously, new hardware will be part of the job.

Have fun.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Try naptha (lighter fluid). It will cut grease and grime well and do nothing to the finish.

Reply to
dadiOH

Posting an image can help us more to assist you..

Reply to
princessjanne

I specially avoid commercial cleaners available in market as it clean the cabinets for specific time and after that the cabinets starts becoming black. So I use things which are in kitchen only and they are vegetable oil and baking soda, the amount required is 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 2 tbsp baking soda mix together with a spoon and apply them in area which is dirty and keep it for 5 minutes and then clean it with brush and at last wipe it with a cotton cloth or sponge.

Reply to
seancarlos

Wood Cabinets? Murphy Oil Soap. I use it.

willshak

Well that doesn't sound right.

Vegetable oil is awful as a cleaner.

baking soda and vinegar is a great cleaner.

Reply to
woodchucker