Now, if someone would just tell me how to post pics on the binaries group, I'll post some as soon as the fence is done. The reason I think my table might be of interest is that I took a different approach with the insert- instead of using the entire sheet of plastic (clear acrylic, I think- I bought it years ago), I took the handles off of the fixed base of my router (bosh fixed/plunge set), and made the insert and opening just large enough to pass the router, with a 1/2" lip to support it flush. This gave me enough plastic left over to build in zero clearance inserts at no extra cost that automatically fit flush with the insert.
It was also a bit of a challenge to figure out how to route a matching opening for an irregularly shaped insert, since I only had flush trim bits to work with. I ended up cutting a hole in a piece of scrap 3/4 ply about 1/4" bigger than the insert, then greasing the insert, taping it in place, and filling the gap with Durhams' rock hard water putty. When this had cured, I had an almost perfect match, that was easily adjusted to by slightly scraping the dried water putty (I wisely tried it out on some scrap stock before cutting my table). I used this to make a 3/4" pattern to cut the actual table (I know, I went through a bunch of scrap, but it was all trash to begin with, so I don't feel guilty :).
Anyhow, I'm happy, cause now I have a better router table, with a better router than the one I've been using for the past year or so, and at very little cost. Using scrap is a big ol' game to me, and whenever I get something good out of a bunch of scrap stock, I feel like I've won the game that day :)