Jungle gym plans?

We're moving into a new house this Spring with a nice big back yard, so I want to build a big jungle gym for my son, who will be 2 1/2 at the time. Rather than just buying one of those sets at Toys R Us or Wal-Mart I'd rather build a unique one. Where can I get plans for something like that? The other thing is that I'm sure I'll need to buy at least some pre-fabricated parts such as a slide, swings, etc. Can these be purhcased separately from a set?

Reply to
NoNameAtAll

I know at Lowe's they have kits that you can buy that have all the hardware and you buy the wood and design accordingly. If I remember correctly they also have plans available. They also sell individual items like the slides and climbing walls both of which my kids are wanting to get for our backyard. I'm going to be building a new set for them this spring also. Good luck.

Reply to
John A. Voss

Hey, I just drove through Prescott Valley a couple weeks ago. My wife and I were in Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl and took a trip up to Sedona. On the way back we drove through Jerome, Prescott, and Prescott Valley. I had been to Sedona before but never the others. It was very beautiful. Prescott in particular seemed like a nice place to live. The brewery across the street from the courthouse had fantastic food and beer.

Reply to
NoNameAtAll

The borg has a great book on building them. (I forget the name of it - I loaned it out to my buddy.)

Check it out - there is only one of them there that I saw.

Reply to
Rob V