Jointer vs Table saw cut quality

That's some 327 mac.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

the wild though. any experience with 'em Keeter?

Reply to
bridger

I've seen Norm cut stock on the tablesaw then clean up the edge on the jointer. He clearly states he is leaving the cut heavy so he can do that.

Think maybe he just can't afford a good blade? ;)

FWIW, every glue up I've done is with the edge from the saw. I seen no reason to change that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Bridger:

Nope, never even seen one but I share your curiosity. Typically when I do see one for sale it's always priced about the same, $200ish. The real down side as I see it though is getting/finding replacement cutters.

Seems like they get a bad rap all the time though.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Yeah I have seen that too. I wonder if he simply does not know any better or if he is demonstrating another way to get a smooth edge if your TS is not making good cuts. I was taught to never take the board from the saw to the jointer and that was from 2 different instructors. For acurate cutting, cutting proud and finishing with a jointer just does not make sense.

Reply to
Leon

This whole discussion strikes me as a bit pointless - just check the quality of YOUR equipment and use what is best in YOUR shop. All else is irrelevant.

Reply to
jev

Not a shill for Forrest but...

I used to use a blade on the TS that a trip to the jointer would improve upon. Bought the WWII and wouldn't think of going to the jointer most of the time because the cut is so smooth. I'm sure other premium blades will do the same. You get what you pay for. The middle of the road blade didn't equal the jointer. The premium blade betters the jointer. YPYMYTYC>

bob g.

Le>>I've seen Norm cut stock on the tablesaw then clean up the edge on the

Reply to
Robert Galloway

What are the main differences between a premium blade and, say, a blade that DeWalt makes (or someone makles for them...) that DeWalt claims to be very good ?

Reply to
GregP

The word "claims".

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

C'mon now - don't be throwing rocks at my Dumpster-Diving-Find-DeWalt-7623-Last-Years-Model-On-Closeout-At-Toolking-For-$29-Blade...

I read someplace that it was as good as the Forrest 'Dorker II.

Hell, if the 'Dorker II is so damned good, how come they ain't working on a 'Dorker III model?

I rest my case!

Reply to
patrick conroy